Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
New Hired from Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
If this job matches your qualifications, please send your application directly through our latest Job site in Chicago, IL
(O’Hare area). Indeed, every job is not easy to apply because it must meet several qualifications and requirements that we must meet in accordance with the standard criteria of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America who are looking for potential candidates to work. Good job information Accounting Clerk below matches your qualifications.
About the ELCA
The ELCA is one of the largest Christian denominations in the United States, with 3 million members in more than 8,700 worshipping communities across the 50 states and in the Caribbean region (Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands). With a vision to live in a world experiencing the difference God’s grace and love in Christ makes for all people and creation, the ELCA strives to be a welcoming, thriving, and connected church that introduces people to Jesus so they can discover community, justice, and love.
The Lutheran Center (national office) is located in Chicago, Illinois. A staff of 400, under the leadership of the Presiding Bishop, serve as administrators, advisors, conveners, partners, and resource people for the ELCA and its ministries. Staff lead the work of national, domestic, and global ministries and programs including Lutheran Disaster Response, ELCA World Hunger, Service & Justice, Christian Community and Leadership, and Innovation. We are also home to five of our separately incorporated ministries: The Mission Investment Fund of the ELCA, Women of the ELCA, Lutheran Men in Mission, the ELCA Foundation and the ELCA Federal Credit Union.
About the Mission Investment Fund
The Mission Investment Fund (MIF), a financial ministry of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, supports the establishment and growth of ELCA congregations, synods, and affiliated ministries by providing loans for capital projects for congregations and ministries. To fund these loans, MIF offers a variety of investments to ELCA members, congregations, and ministries.
The ELCA Federal Credit Union (FCU), a financial ministry of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, offers financial products and services to ELCA members, pastors, congregations, synods, affiliated ministries, and their employees. The portfolio of products includes low-cost loans, deposit accounts, credit cards, and other financial products, services, and solutions within a not-for-profit, cooperative structure.
Values – MIF’s values are rooted in Christian faith, Lutheran traditions, and our identity as a ministry of the ELCA:
* Integrity *Customer Focus *Inclusion and Diversity * Faithful Stewardship *Courage and Openness to Chang
About the Position
The Accounting Clerk performs clerical and routine accounting tasks, including general ledger account reviews and reconciliations, accounts payable processing and maintaining accounting records. As part of a customer service-oriented and collaborative culture, the Clerk fulfills accounting-related information requests.
This is a full-time, regular, non-exempt, Chicago-based hybrid position. This position has responsibilities that will require being in the office on a weekly basis. This could mean 2-3 days most weeks and possibly more days when meetings and other events are happening that this position supports.
Candidates for this remote position must reside within the fifty United States or the District of Columbia and be authorized to work lawfully in the United States. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Prepares various general ledger internal/subsidiary account reviews and reconciliations.
- Inputs electronic payment requests, monitors incoming electronic payment settlement, and advises appropriate departments of receipt of funds.
- Maintains and retains accounting records in accordance with MIF retention policies. Compiles documents requests. Responds to inquiries from internal and external sources.
- Inputs and verifies accounts payable and expense reimbursement requests.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Associate degree and 1+ years of experience in general accounting or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Minimum of one year of general accounting experience.
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with an attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion while working with sensitive information.
- Exhibit cross-functional collegiality, customer service orientation, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Technology savvy, including proficiency in Microsoft 365 products – particularly Excel and Word, and experience using accounting software.
- Appreciation for the mission, vision and values of the ELCA.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism.
Physical Effort – While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time. Employee will occasionally need to lift boxes or materials up to 15 pounds. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel Frequency: N/A
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
MIF offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees, including employer paid health premiums for employees, health and dependent care FSA’s, a health savings account (HSA) with an employer contribution, life insurance, and a substantial employer contribution to 403b retirement plan (no match required). We also offer a generous paid time-off policy including 11 paid holidays. All benefits commence on your start date.
How To Apply :
After reading and knowing the criteria and minimum qualification requirements that have been explained from the job info Accounting Clerk in the office Chicago, IL
(O’Hare area) above, then the jobseeker who feels that he has not met requirements include education, age, etc. and are really interested in the latest job vacancy Full-time above, it should be as soon as possible to complete and compile a job application file such as a job application letter, CV or curriculum vitae and transcripts and other complements as described above, in order to register and participate in the admission selection for new employees at the company in question, sent via the link below.
Other Information :
- Country : US
To apply for this job please visit » Send Now