Harford County, MD
New Hired from Harford County, MD
If this job matches your qualifications, please send your application directly through our latest Job site in Bel Air, MD. Indeed, every job is not easy to apply because it must meet several qualifications and requirements that we must meet in accordance with the standard criteria of the Harford County, MD who are looking for potential candidates to work. Good job information ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN I below matches your qualifications.
Nature of Work
The Accounting Technician I is responsible for managing a range of paraprofessional accounting tasks, including collecting, classifying, and summarizing fiscal data, interpreting financial data, and monitoring financial reporting procedures. This position provides customer support to the public and internal departments to support customers and help resolve issues over the phone, in person, or online. This position works with a high degree of independence ensuring work is carried out in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. The Accounting Technician I also supports the training of other accounting support staff.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Examples of Duties
The following examples illustrate the work performed in the positions in the class. Positions may require some or all of these examples depending on the organization of work within the department. The list is not inclusive. A position may require related duties not listed, if necessary to accomplish the work of the department.
- Prepares, analyzes, and processes data entry of accounting transactions, including processing payments and bills.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts
- Analyzes deeds, PWA’s, reports, and legislation to determine their accuracy and effect on the Treasury Department
- Processes payroll for County employees from the source of authorization to delivery of salary checks
- Interacts with employees and the public to provide information and assistance as needed
- Maintains documentation of financial data on an ongoing basis; inputs data in an accounting system and other associated integrated systems ensuring relevant information is tracked and recorded
- Provides research and implementation support to management
- Trains new team members and staff on how to carry out work functions in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures
- May be placed in any area of Treasury including but not limited to Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Revenue Collections, Water & Sewer, etc
Minimum Qualification Requirements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of basic math skills, such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
- Ability to provide internal and external customer service in a courteous manner
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to solve problems by analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems
- Ability to maintain composure, even in very difficult situations; ability to manage conflict and tactfully handle complaints and difficult situations
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage and track data through the development of spreadsheets in MS Excel
- Skill in reading comprehension
- Ability to work within a computerized financial environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Knowledge of basic accounting techniques and principles
A.A. Degree in accounting, paralegal, or a related field.
Three (3) years of responsible experience in bookkeeping, accounting, or auditing work.
A valid Class “C” non-commercial driver’s license with no more than three (3) points may be required for some positions in this class.
Must comply with all Federal (OSHA), State of Maryland (MOSH), safety regulations, and applicable Harford County safety policies, procedures, or manual as required for this position.
- Additional experience as described may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis
- Additional education as described may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis for up to two (2) years of the required experience
- The degree option requires proof from the selected candidate
How To Apply :
After reading and knowing the criteria and minimum qualification requirements that have been explained from the job info ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN I in the office Bel Air, MD above, then the jobseeker who feels that he has not met requirements include education, age, etc. and are really interested in the latest job vacancy Full-time above, it should be as soon as possible to complete and compile a job application file such as a job application letter, CV or curriculum vitae and transcripts and other complements as described above, in order to register and participate in the admission selection for new employees at the company in question, sent via the link below.
Other Information :
- Country : US
To apply for this job please visit » Send Now