Central Arizona College
New Hired from Central Arizona College
If this job matches your qualifications, please send your application directly through our latest Job site in Coolidge, AZ. Indeed, every job is not easy to apply because it must meet several qualifications and requirements that we must meet in accordance with the standard criteria of the Central Arizona College who are looking for potential candidates to work. Good job information Adjunct Faculty – Entertainment Industry Technology (Fall 2023) below matches your qualifications.
The Entertainment Industry Technology (EIT) Department is seeking part-time adjunct faculty to teach music industry technology-related courses in-person as a face-to-face modality at our Signal Peak Campus: Pence Theater in Coolidge, AZ. The courses have both a lecture and hands-on lab component and will require the instructor to have professional experience and technical knowledge of how to:
- Maintain and repair sound and lighting equipment commonly used in concert productions.
- Perform basic maintenance, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, soldering, wiring standards, calibration, and testing of a wide variety of sound, lighting, and performance-related equipment.
This position will require at least 5 face-to-face contact hours with students per week, currently scheduled for Mondays and Wednesdays 6:00pm-8:30pm from 8/21/23 – 12/9/23 during the Fall semester only at Signal Peak Campus. (Course schedule is subject to change.)
Applicants should be qualified to teach one or more of the following areas of study, according to the established curriculum and learning outcomes, including:
- EIT232 Equipment Maintenance (3 credits)
Candidate should be able to teach beginning-level equipment maintenance, and should be knowledgeable and experienced in subject matter such as:
- Concepts of interfacing professional audio equipment
- Calibration of recording equipment.
- Basic testing of equipment for electrical voltage, continuity, and impedance.
- Soldering skills in the repair of audio equipment.
- Maintenance of stage lighting infrastructure, fixtures, and cabling.
- Troubleshooting audio-related equipment by applying basic principles of electronics.
- Determine problems and assess possible solutions in professional live audio and stage lighting systems.
- Employing cleaning techniques to maintain professional aesthetics appropriate for recording studio and live performance venues.
- Teach assigned classes in accordance with college policy and in the assigned locations and modalities, as directed by division chair or program director.
- Provide and present information, content, and context through lecture, laboratory, recitation, seminars and/or other learning venues utilizing a variety of teaching/learning styles as appropriate to the course content.
- Employ a variety of assessment tools; evaluate grades and comment on student work in a timely fashion in order to facilitate and ensure student progress throughout the course.
- Communicate with students as appropriate. This may include email, online discussions, virtual chats within the Learning Management System, instant messaging (IM), telephone and/or face-to-face consultations to provide frequent feedback. Refer students to appropriate college and community services when needed.
- Communicate to students when and how you will be available to assist students outside of scheduled class time.
- Maintain records of student progress and performance; complete and return required reports to the appropriate office by established due date.
- Develop, prepare and evaluate instructional materials, as required by chair or director.
- Write and develop syllabi and course calendars, in accordance with college policy.
- Review and update course outlines and syllabi, and provide input on text selection when appropriate, in cooperation with other faculty and appropriate division chair or program director as necessary.
- Collaborate with division chair, program director, other faculty and other programs to review and maintain the integrity of the curriculum within established college timelines or more frequently if necessary.
- Assist in recruitment and retention of students through the development and implementation of teaching and learning strategies primarily in the instructional setting.
- Instructors will be required to take weekly attendance and enter attendance into the college’s designated system on a weekly basis.
- Instructors will be required to issue grades in accordance with the college’s established policies using the college’s established Learning Management Systems.
- Instructors will be required to use the college’s e-mail system for all college-related correspondence, and use the Learning Management System’s messaging function for correspondence with students.
- Instructors must respond to student inquiries within a generally acceptable timeframe.
2. College/Community Service and Shared Governance:
- Recognize the goals and mission of the college to maintain a positive professional and educational environment that promotes student success and enhances community relations.
3. Professional Development:
- Are invited to attend and participate in professional development activities.
- Cultivate development of instructional programs and knowledge of trends, pedagogy, andragogy, and new technologies.
- Participate in the evaluation process as defined by Policies and Procedures.
The rate of pay for Adjunct Faculty for the 2023-2024 Academic Year is $900.00 per credit hour.
Education And Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field
- Associate’s Degree and any combination of 3 years full time work experience (or equivalent part-time experience at a ratio of 2 years part-time = 1 year full-time) in the discipline. (For example, 6 years part-time work = 3 years full time work)
- 5 years full time work experience (or equivalent part-time experience at a ratio of 2 years part-time = 1 year full-time) in the discipline. (For example, 10 years part-time work = 5 years full time work)
Application must include the following documents:
- Cover Letter (Letter of Interest) stating which discipline the applicant desires to instruct.
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts reflecting the required degree or course work
Please note: Your application materials will remain in the part-time pool for one year from date of receipt. This does not imply application for a full-time teaching position. If a full-time position becomes available, you must submit new materials for the advertised position.
Review Period: Applications for this position will be reviewed and considered on a first-come, first-serve basis until filled. Subsequent applications after the position has been filled will remain in the part-time pool.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Be current in subject area and possess the ability to develop, prepare, and evaluate instructional materials that promote learning, along with the willingness to utilize alternative teaching techniques and instructional technology where appropriate.
Central Arizona College (the College) is committed to provide equal employment opportunity in decisions involving hiring, evaluation, promotion, advancement and discipline, and educational
opportunity to all applicants and employees.
The College will hire without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, military status, genetic test information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.
How To Apply :
After reading and knowing the criteria and minimum qualification requirements that have been explained from the job info Adjunct Faculty – Entertainment Industry Technology (Fall 2023) in the office Coolidge, AZ above, then the jobseeker who feels that he has not met requirements include education, age, etc. and are really interested in the latest job vacancy Full-time above, it should be as soon as possible to complete and compile a job application file such as a job application letter, CV or curriculum vitae and transcripts and other complements as described above, in order to register and participate in the admission selection for new employees at the company in question, sent via the link below.
Other Information :
- Country : US
To apply for this job please visit » Send Now