New Hired from Shasta College
If this job matches your qualifications, please send your application directly through our latest Job site in Redding, CA. Indeed, every job is not easy to apply because it must meet several qualifications and requirements that we must meet in accordance with the standard criteria of the Shasta College who are looking for potential candidates to work. Good job information Administrative Assistant (Business, Agriculture, and Career Technical Education) below matches your qualifications.
The Shasta-Tehama-Trinity Joint Community College District (Shasta College) sits at the northern end of the Sacramento Valley, surrounded by mountains to the north, east, and west. The area provides a wide array of outdoor amenities and activities with miles of hiking and biking trails, national parks, two lakes, and the Sacramento River.
Shasta College is committed to providing its diverse student population with equitable education outcomes, contributing to the social, cultural, intellectual, and economic development of our communities. The college has been recognized as a leader in developing and implementing innovative education programs to increase student success, including accelerated pathways for high school students to achieve a bachelor’s degree and for returning students to complete their Associate and Bachelor’s degrees. Shasta College enrolls more than 11,000 students annually and provides educational services to students with a wide range of skills and abilities.
Our ideal candidate is motivated to join a campus community prioritizing the success of our racially and socio-economically diverse staff and student population. Providing equitable outcomes so all members of our community may enjoy safe, healthy, and vibrant educational and employment environments is critical to our success.
Classified positions in the California Community College system offer a unique opportunity to contribute to the empowerment of our students seeking to improve their lives and communities. Our classified staff engage with a diverse employee and student populations, facilitating equitable outcomes for all by implementing and supporting our various employment and academic programs. As a classified staff member at Shasta College, you will join a vibrant community of professionals and educators working together to provide a positive, healthy educational environment where our students experience diverse academic and cultural perspectives. A career in classified service at Shasta College offers a highly rewarding and enriching employment experience.
DESCRIPTION OF BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILIITES
To perform a wide variety of complex and highly responsible secretarial duties in support of the day-to-day operations, programs, and procedures within assigned center; to organize and coordinate the work flow and office support functions within assigned center; and to relieve the assigned administrator of routine administrative details not requiring his/her immediate attention. Employees in this classification receive limited supervision within a framework of standard policies and procedures. Employees in this classification may direct, oversee, and review the work of student assistants and other classified support staff. This job class exercises responsibility for secretarial and office support functions requiring the use of initiative, organization skills, problem solving, and independent judgment in the processing of work through assigned center. This job class requires extensive student, staff, and public contact.
CLASSIFICATION: Range 33 on the current Classified Salary Schedule, 40 hours per week, 12 months per year. Work assignment hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Dean of Business, Agriculture, and Career Technical Education or designee
Holiday, vacation and sick time will be provided. Our competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance provided at a share of cost on a pretax basis, CalPERS Retirement and an employee assistance program (EAP).
Employees have the option to contribute to:
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 403(b) and 457 Retirement Plans
- Section 125 Plan including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Dependent Day Care Accounts
In addition, employees have the option to purchase:
- Disability Income Insurance
- Cancer Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accident Only Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
For more information regarding Employment and Benefit Policies, please view the Classified Employee Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Typical Duties, Knowledge and Ability
- Exercises independent judgment; relieves assigned administrator of routine administrative actions not requiring his/her immediate attention.
- Performs varied and responsible secretarial duties to assist in the coordination and processing of workflow within an instructional area.
- Plans, assigns, and carries out the work of the center office.
- Takes and transcribes dictation; prepares correspondence, memoranda, reports, center and advisory committee minutes, and other materials.
- Participates in and/or coordinates the typing, checking, compiling, and recording of a variety of data/information.
- Processes a wide variety of materials and documents such as interoffice communications, requisitions, forms, letters, reports, statistics, curriculum projects, classroom and instructional assignments, and specifications from rough draft or verbal instructions.
- Assists in preparing center budget including monitoring grants and maintaining detailed records.
- Keeps records of expenditures, budget accounts and running balances.
- Acts as information source regarding center policies, procedures, and requirements; receives and interviews callers and provides information, refers matters to proper staff using judgment, knowledge, and interpretation of established procedures/policies.
- Arranges and schedules appointments and meetings.
- Compiles instructor schedule of classes in collaboration with the instructors, dean, and instructional services.
- Collects and handles incoming money and receipts for special projects.
- Receives, handles, and processes confidential information and requests ensuring that security and strict rules of confidentiality are maintained.
- Maintains accurate and detailed calendar of events, due dates, and schedules as they relate to assigned center to ensure proper tasks and activities occur as scheduled.
- Establishes and maintains a variety of office records, logs, and filing systems pertaining to assigned operations.
- Receives, reviews, and verifies documents, records, and forms for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Receives, sorts and distributes outgoing and incoming mail; prioritizes and designates appropriate response whenever possible and/or responding to correspondence as directed
- Develops or assists in the development of office operating procedures, forms, worksheets, and record keeping systems.
- Directs, trains, and monitors student assistants; trains and oversees the work of others in a lead capacity.
- Effectively communicates and interacts with faculty, staff and students.
- Performs other related duties similar to the above in scope and function as assigned.
- Proper office methods, techniques, and procedures including filing systems, business correspondence, receptionist techniques, report writing, and telephone techniques
- Basic accounting principles and requirements
- Business English including grammar, punctuation, vocabulary, and spelling
- Word processing and computer software applications
- Learn the operations, procedures, policies, and requirements of assigned center and apply them with good judgment in a variety of procedural situations
- Understand and carry out a variety of oral and written instructions independently
- Prioritize, direct, and coordinate work flow within assigned office
- Learn and utilize computer software
- Accurately type at 60 wpm. Take and transcribe dictation preferred.
- Establish and maintain a variety of records and filing systems to include accounting records
- Work independently with a minimum of supervision
- Prioritize and appropriately schedule work load, meet established dead lines
- Compile and maintain the security of confidential information
- Operate standard office equipment including computer, printer, calculator, transcriber, copier, etc.
- Effectively and tactfully communicate in both oral and written forms
- Supervise and train student workers and others as assigned
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties
- Four years of increasingly responsible secretarial experience preferred including at least two years in a community college
- Associate of Arts Degree or equivalent training, education and experience
Online Application with
Additional Preferred Materials to be attached to application:
- Cover letter addressing criteria listed in the position announcement
- Current resume
- College transcripts, if applicable (unofficial will be accepted at the time of application)
- After application has been submitted, all application materials will be screened.
- Internal candidates must also submit all required materials to be considered.
- Candidate evaluations will not be considered.
- Reference letters from any member of the Hiring Committee or Board Members will not be considered.
- Interviews will be by invitation only.
- Interviews will be by Zoom.
- The District does not reimburse for new hire moving expenses.
New Classified Appointments will be placed at Step 1 on the Classified Salary Schedule and will graduate to the next step on July 1st if the hire date is before January 1st, with subsequent steps annually thereafter to a maximum fifth step.
Longevity pay in accordance with Section 8.8 of the Classified Employee Collective Bargaining Agreement.
The Shasta-Tehama-Trinity Joint Community College District (“Shasta College”) does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, disability (physical and mental), pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity, sexual orientation, genetics, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in admission and access to, or treatment in employment, educational programs or activities at any of its campuses. Shasta College also prohibits harassment on any of these bases, including sexual harassment, as well as sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking.
How To Apply :
After reading and knowing the criteria and minimum qualification requirements that have been explained from the job info Administrative Assistant (Business, Agriculture, and Career Technical Education) in the office Redding, CA above, then the jobseeker who feels that he has not met requirements include education, age, etc. and are really interested in the latest job vacancy Full-time above, it should be as soon as possible to complete and compile a job application file such as a job application letter, CV or curriculum vitae and transcripts and other complements as described above, in order to register and participate in the admission selection for new employees at the company in question, sent via the link below.
Other Information :
- Country : US
To apply for this job please visit » Send Now