City of Amarillo
New Hired from City of Amarillo
If this job matches your qualifications, please send your application directly through our latest Job site in City of Amarillo, TX. Indeed, every job is not easy to apply because it must meet several qualifications and requirements that we must meet in accordance with the standard criteria of the City of Amarillo who are looking for potential candidates to work. Good job information Administrative Assistant I below matches your qualifications.
Position Information Requisition Number S1601P Position Title Administrative Assistant I Salary $12.32/hour Division Water Utilities Department 52110-Director of Utilities Location Planning Employment Type Full Time Hours/Days Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. FLSA Status Non-Exempt Classified/Unclassified Classified Grant Funded No Job Description SUMMARY Under the direct supervision of the Office Administrator, this position provides administrative support for the Director of Utilities Office through a combination of complex clerical tasks. In addition to providing customer service, assisting with tap acquisitions, data entry, and filing, the position is expected to learn and interpret rules and regulations, and work on special projects as needed. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receiving and directing calls for the Director of Utilities Office as well as other City Departments.
- Assists customers seeking information regarding location, cost, and availability of water and sewer services.
- Computes and collects fees for water taps, sewer taps, and other projects.
- Under general supervision and assistance from the Office Administrator, Assistant Director, and the Director, will assist in setting up and maintaining various records and files for projects.
- Use of a personal computer, Microsoft office, Microsoft Word, Excel spreadsheets, and other software, copiers and printers.
- Other software utilized includes JD Edwards, EDocs, Hansen, Tyler Munis, Tyler Cashiering, ITpipes, and GIS.
- Be able to read maps and interpret findings.
- Data entry for various functions, including tap maps, backflow prevention, and records scanning
- Set up and maintain various Department records and files.
- Performs mail-handling activities, including developing, distributing, and processing mail for the office.
- Must be able to fill in for the Office Administrator in their absence.
- Perform duties as assigned from other Divisions.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must have good typing skills, 30 wpm is preferred.
- Ability to communicate with the public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to effectively use a computer for data entry and word processing purposes (experience in Microsoft Office required).
- Ability to effectively operate standard office equipment including a personal computer, copier, scanner, calculator, and multiline telephone system.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to use technical computer applications such as GIS
- Ability to read and interpret maps.
Licenses/Certification Required Qualifications Requires a High School Diploma or its equivalent (GED). A minimum of one (1) year of clerical experience is required. Experience in Microsoft Office required.
- The City of Amarillo will consider all relevant education and experience when determining an applicant’s minimum qualifications and starting salary.
Preferred Qualifications Physical Demands The employee is also required to finger, grasp, handle, life walk, stand, hear, crouch, reach, speak, see, and talk. Also requires the ability to make rational decisions and preform repetitive motions. Special Instructions Summary EEO/ADA The City of Amarillo is an Equal Opportunity employer and encourages applications from eligible and qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information or protected veteran status, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. The City of Amarillo provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resources Office at (806) 378-4294.
How To Apply :
After reading and knowing the criteria and minimum qualification requirements that have been explained from the job info Administrative Assistant I in the office City of Amarillo, TX above, then the jobseeker who feels that he has not met requirements include education, age, etc. and are really interested in the latest job vacancy Full-time above, it should be as soon as possible to complete and compile a job application file such as a job application letter, CV or curriculum vitae and transcripts and other complements as described above, in order to register and participate in the admission selection for new employees at the company in question, sent via the link below.
Other Information :
- Country : US
To apply for this job please visit » Send Now