New Hired from bp
If this job matches your qualifications, please send your application directly through our latest Job site in San Diego, CA. Indeed, every job is not easy to apply because it must meet several qualifications and requirements that we must meet in accordance with the standard criteria of the bp who are looking for potential candidates to work. Good job information Agronomist below matches your qualifications.
Job Profile Summary
Join us in creating, growing, and delivering innovation to reimagine energy for people and our planet. The Innovation & Engineering team develops, and scales low carbon technologies needed to meet the world’s energy demand whilst simultaneously decarbonizing bp’s operations and products.
The advanced bio & physical sciences for low carbon energy (AB&PS) team is the central research organization for biosciences, chemistry, materials sciences, biofuels, green hydrogen/ electrochemistry, and the science of carbon capture. This team also incorporates computational modelling of biosciences and chemistry.
The opportunity is for an Agronomist which will act as the subject matter expert (SME) on agronomy and feedstocks within the AB&PS team. The post holder will work closely with the AB&PS science teams and other stakeholders across applied sciences and other bp businesses on bioenergy project origination, framing and manging project delivery. The individual will serve as a strong interface with business teams across bp to support growth in bioenergy.
The successful candidate will provide subject matter expertise in support of scientific and technology projects to investigate and implement feedstock insights and solutions for bp. The post holder will examine, research and provide insight into both opportunities and challenges related to crop management, output and quality. Additionally, the successful candidate will serve as an interface between bio-feedstocks production opportunities and conversion strategies. Effective linkages to external research networks and potential partners in the industry network is desired.
Essential criteria and qualifications:
- MA/MS/PhD in Agronomy, Agriculture or related field with 10+ years of experience (or bachelor’s with relevant experience)
- In-depth knowledge of bio-feedstocks including experience with conversion technologies or low carbon product innovation. Understand the interdependence of feedstock production and its utilization.
- Evaluate feedstocks based on potential for upgrading (including characteristics of cost, quantity, quality, agronomic performance, biomass recalcitrance). Support economic and sustainability evaluations for a range of feedstock options in the production of bioenergy.
- Experienced in feedstock opportunity origination, developing new feedstocks, either directly or via academic or third-party partners, assessing technology readiness level (TRL) and developing technology strategy & roadmap.
- Outstanding inter-disciplinary problem solving and critical thinking skills, with a passion for scientific innovation and low carbon technology.
- Experience and ability to work optimally in a multi-tasking, fast pace, and matrix environment, with skills on prioritizing, delivery and being flexible in response to change.
- Effective decision making with the ability to provide expert advice and clear recommendations, and to propose insights and develop solutions to sophisticated problems.
Travel between the various locations (in the UK, US, Europe, India, and China) may be required.
- Lead bioenergy feedstock projects from origination to supporting execution. Identify opportunities and work with the technology development teams to evaluate economics and sustainability, develop business and participation frameworks. Ensure alignment with key internal stakeholders and business sponsors.
- Provide subject matter expertise (SME) in agronomy including:
- Understanding of planting, cultivation and harvesting techniques for improving crop yields and soil health, including intercropping methods
- Assisting with plant sourcing, testing and selection
- Understanding of growing climate threats such as drought events or adverse precipitation patters, decreases in biodiversity and loss of fertile soils on the future of bio-feedstocks
- Provide technology strategy and roadmap directions to AB&PS research and innovation program on bio-feedstocks to ensure alignment with bp’s strategy.
- Interface with other teams in bp including other groups in Applied Sciences, Trading & Shipping, Customers & Products, Gas & Low Carbon Energy, Strategy, Sustainability & Ventures, and Production & Operations.
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with academic and industrial partners and industry & Government bodies, to bring new scientific ideas into bp and build bp’s access/participation in relevant technologies, share technology information and thought leadership, and recommend how to maximize value.
- Experience of managing third party relationships, including academic collaborators. Able to identify opportunities and establish strategic or tactical relationships that add value and can secure competitive advantage for bp
Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion:
At bp you have the opportunity to be part of Business Resource Groups (BRGs) which believe in the power of inclusion, deeper connections, and shared experiences. They provide a place for employees to learn and share knowledge, to connect, and to improve. The BRGs focus on and encourage talent engagement, development, and retention while creating a broadened sense of community and inclusion for bp employees. The groups cultivate leadership growth by involving employees in developmental opportunities they would not otherwise have access to. Formal and informal mentoring also help employees develop their professional goals and connect with colleagues. The BRGs’ commitment to growth at all levels helps employees feel more engaged and energized. The BRGs break down barriers so we can all do better together. Examples of BRGs include (but are not limited to):
- bpWIN (bp Women’s International Network)
- Working parents
- PEN (Positively Ethnic Network)
- bpInclusia (bp’s Asian community)
- bpEnergía (bp’s Latin community)
Innovation & Engineering
Job Family Group
Research & Technology Group
Yes – up to 25%
United States of America
INNOVATION & ENGINEERING
Join us in creating, growing, and delivering innovation at pace, enabling us to thrive while transitioning to a net zero world. All without compromising our operational risk management.
Working with us, you can do this by:
- deploying our integrated capability and standards in service of our net zero and safety ambitions
- driving our digital transformation and pioneering new business models
- collaborating to deliver competitive customer-focused energy solutions
- originating, scaling and commercialising innovative ideas, and creating ground-breaking new businesses from them
- protecting us by assuring management of our greatest physical and digital risks
Because together we are:
- Originators, builders, guardians and disruptors
- Engineers, technologists, scientists and entrepreneurs
- Empathetic, curious, creative and inclusive
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
How much do we pay (Base)? $140- 201K Base *Note that the base pay range listed for this position is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible base compensation at the time of posting.
We offer a reward and wellbeing package to enable your work to fit with your life. These can include, but are not limited to, access to health, vision and dental insurance, flexible working schedule, paid time off policy, discretionary annual bonus program, long-term incentive program, and a generous 401K matching program. You may learn more about our generous benefits at benefits@bp.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, socioeconomic background, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at PeopleCareHouston@bp.com; or by telephone at 833 478 7480 8am-5pm CST/CDT Monday-Friday.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement – for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement
How To Apply :
After reading and knowing the criteria and minimum qualification requirements that have been explained from the job info Agronomist in the office San Diego, CA above, then the jobseeker who feels that he has not met requirements include education, age, etc. and are really interested in the latest job vacancy Full-time above, it should be as soon as possible to complete and compile a job application file such as a job application letter, CV or curriculum vitae and transcripts and other complements as described above, in order to register and participate in the admission selection for new employees at the company in question, sent via the link below.
Other Information :
- Country : US
To apply for this job please visit » Send Now