University of Utah
New Hired from University of Utah
If this job matches your qualifications, please send your application directly through our latest Job site in Hybrid remote in Salt Lake City, UT. Indeed, every job is not easy to apply because it must meet several qualifications and requirements that we must meet in accordance with the standard criteria of the University of Utah who are looking for potential candidates to work. Good job information Associate Accountant below matches your qualifications.
Has a previous job broken your soul? We won’t break your soul in Purchasing. Are you a Utah fan, or willing to become one? Come work for the Accounts Payable team at the U, let us be your new foundation! Here, we want to make sure your tax dollars are being spent correctly and invoices are paid on time. Does this motivate you? Then you will be a great fit for our team.
Financial Services touches the lives of everyone in the state, especially here on campus: from facilities construction to laptops, health services to libraries, and all the awesome on-campus events. By working as an Associate Accountant at the U, not only will you be able to help protect the University, but you will also shape the university and the community for years to come.
The University of Utah is not only the flagship institution in the state, but it is one of the largest employers as well. This means that there are incredible opportunities when you come work for us. Here in Purchasing, we value employees. We not only provide great work-life balance, we have remote working, and incredible professional development opportunities. If you are interested in pursuing a degree, you get reduced tuition for you and your immediate family! We have an internal certificate program and work with national organizations on courses and certifications.
Our team enjoys working together and accomplishes amazing things. Some of our guiding principles, are that we are all on the same team (we help and support one another and the campus) and we find a legal way to say yes (you can get creative in solving new challenges).
Come see how you can leave your mark on the state!
Some of the amazing benefits you get working for the university include:
- Opportunity to work at a prestigious medical research-oriented campus.
- Incredibly beautiful campus, an urban forest that is a dedicated State Arboretum.
- Tuition reduction after 6 months of employment with options for children and spouses.
- In house certification programs.
- Hybrid work schedules that include work from home.
- Generous paternity and maternity leave.
- Generous birth and adoption coverage.
- Access to gym for nominal fee.
- Free entrance to Red Butte Gardens and Natural History Museum.
- Ability to contribute to retirement accounts.
- 14.2% retirement contribution starting on day one.
- Discounts with some local companies.
- Charming co-workers (some with great or terrible puns or “dad” jokes).
- Employee Assistance Program
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Day Care)
- Health Care Plan (Medical and Dental Coverage)
- RedMed Employee Health Clinic
- WellU Wellness Program
- U Be Well
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Disability Insurance (Short Term and Long Term)
- Life Insurance
- Travel Assistance
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Supplemental Retirement Plans
- Retiree Benefits
- Holiday Calendar
- Home and Auto Insurance
- Hyatt Legal Plan
- Paid Leave Time
- Tuition Reduction
- Utah Education Savings Plan (my529)
In this job you will provide a variety of bookkeeping activities including, but not limited to, preparation of invoices and bills, payments of invoices, reconciliation of accounts and preparation of purchasing and payroll forms.
While this position is intended to work on campus, it also has the ability to telework remotely for a portion of each week. An employee hired into this role who telecommutes will be responsible for providing space, telephone, printing, networking and/or internet capabilities at the telecommute location and sign the University of Utah Telecommuting Agreement.
1. Processes invoices for payment, ensuring billed amount and quantity received corresponds to purchase order.
2. Prepares invoices and bills.
3. Reviews, deposits, and posts payments, scholarships and other transactions to accounting systems.
4. Prepares check requests, campus orders and purchase orders.
5. Ensures transactions are posted correctly to accounts and reviews transactions for accuracy and required back-up documentation.
6. Reviews and reconciles University procurement card statements.
7. Responds to a variety of accounting-related questions, such as inquiries from vendors on invoice status and from students on financial aid status.
8. Assists department staff with questions on payment or purchasing documents.
9. Assists with preparation of various accounting and financial reports.
10. Reviews work of and provides training to accounting clerks.
11. May prepare purchasing or payroll forms.
12. May maintain department inventory or prepare annual physical inventory.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Four years of bookkeeping or accounting experience, and an understanding of basic accounting principles, mathematical and spreadsheet skills; and demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah values candidates who have experience working in settings with students from diverse backgrounds and possess a strong commitment to improving access to higher education for historically underrepresented students.
Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or protected veteran’s status. The University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the education program or activity that it operates, as required by Title IX and 34
part 106. The requirement not to discriminate in education programs or activities extends to admission and employment. Inquiries about the application of Title IX and its regulations may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, to the Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, or both.
To request a reasonable accommodation for a disability or if you or someone you know has experienced discrimination or sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, you may contact the Director/Title IX Coordinator in the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action:
Director/ Title IX Coordinator
Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action (
383 University Street, Level 1
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Online reports may be submitted at
For more information:
To inquire about this posting, email:
or call 801-581-2300.
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior
service, may elect to enroll in
if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from
are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
https://safety.utah.edu/safetyreport This report includes statistics about criminal offenses, hate crimes, arrests and referrals for disciplinary action, and Violence Against Women Act offenses. They also provide information about safety and security-related services offered by the University of Utah. A paper copy can be obtained by request at the Department of Public Safety located at 1658 East 500 South.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of accounting/finance related work experience do you have?
- Less than 2 years
- 2 year or more, but less than 4 years
- 4 years or more, but less than 6 years
- 6 years or more, but less than 8 years
- 8 years or more
- * Indicate your level of experience in processing invoices, check requests and purchase orders; and posting payments, reconciling statements, and preparing accounting and financial reports:
- Cover Letter
- Addendum to the University of Utah – Veteran Only – Call 801.581.2169 after submission
- Appropriate discharge document (such as a DD-214 – Member Copy 4) – Veteran Only – Call 801.581.2169
Patient Sensitive Job Code?
Standard Hours per Week
Full Time or Part Time?
Work Schedule Summary
Monday – Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm depending on departmental needs. This is a hybrid position.
00350 – Payables Production
Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment
Pay Rate Range
Open Until Filled
How To Apply :
After reading and knowing the criteria and minimum qualification requirements that have been explained from the job info Associate Accountant in the office Hybrid remote in Salt Lake City, UT above, then the jobseeker who feels that he has not met requirements include education, age, etc. and are really interested in the latest job vacancy Full-time above, it should be as soon as possible to complete and compile a job application file such as a job application letter, CV or curriculum vitae and transcripts and other complements as described above, in order to register and participate in the admission selection for new employees at the company in question, sent via the link below.
Other Information :
- Country : US
To apply for this job please visit » Send Now