Milwaukee County Transit System
New Hired from Milwaukee County Transit System
If this job matches your qualifications, please send your application directly through our latest Job site in Milwaukee, WI
(Triangle area). Indeed, every job is not easy to apply because it must meet several qualifications and requirements that we must meet in accordance with the standard criteria of the Milwaukee County Transit System who are looking for potential candidates to work. Good job information Cleaner Tanker below matches your qualifications.
Job Title: Cleaner/Tanker
Shift: 7:30 PM – 4:00 AM
Wage: $26.34 per hr. ($27.08 per hr. second year)
At The Milwaukee County Transit System, we never lose sight of the important role we play in the community we serve. From getting people to work and school, to doctor’s appointments and shopping trips, MCTS provides over 150,000 rides every day across Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Washington and Waukesha Counties. No matter where you are going or what you are doing, MCTS Takes You There.
MCTS takes pride in having a diverse workforce that’s committed to maintaining our values of respect, integrity, excellence, equity, collaboration and innovation. If you’re a team-player that’s dedicated to serving the community, we would love to have you join our team. We offer competitive wages, a top tier healthcare plan and an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Pension Plan: Funded 70% by The Milwaukee County Transit System and 30% by employees (2023 Contribution Rate: 3.51% of employee wages)
- 457 Deferred Compensation Savings Plan
- Cost of Living Adjustments (C.O.L.A.)*
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, Personal Days, Sick, Funeral leave and Jury Duty
- Annual Tool Kit and Uniform Allowance*
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Eyewear and Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- Free bus rides for all MCTS active employees and retirees
- Employee Signing Bonus*
- Referral Bonuses for MCTS Employees (unlimited for Bus Operator and A Mechanic positions)*
The Cleaner/Tanker services several types of vehicles with emphasis on the fleet of buses operated by Milwaukee Transport Services Inc., (MTS). This position performs exterior tanking operations and interior cleaning duties, which includes but is not limited to: Washing windows, floors, seats and driver’s areas and vaulting the farebox. The Cleaner/Tanker provides clean, serviced coaches for daily operation.
1. Fuel buses, trucks, and automobiles with appropriate fuels.
2. Check all critical fluids on all transit equipment.
3. Wash the exterior of all vehicles by hand or with automatic equipment.
4. Keep all records pertinent to this classification.
5. Probe and vault fareboxes.
6. Operate buses through Buck cleaners, washers, over pit areas and onto hoists.
7. Drive and park buses and other vehicles in appropriate locations.
8. Maintain clean interiors of all vehicles according to Company policy through the cleaning of floors, windows, ceilings, walls, seats and driver’s areas.
9. Complete work within established times.
10. Change out buses as required.
11. Identify power sources supported by electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic controls and operate equipment accordingly.
12. Power up and turn off the equipment at the beginning and/or at the end of the shift to avoid injury to self or coworkers and equipment.
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Must have a valid Class D Wisconsin Driver’s License (non-probationary) for at least one (1) year prior to the date of application.
3. Valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger Endorsement and no Air Brake Restriction (or valid CDL permit 14 days prior to start date or transfer date).
4. Successful completion of preemployment tests.
5. Maintain punctuality and an excellent attendance record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Basic mechanical knowledge and skills to operate all equipment.
2. Knowledge of electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic controls.
3. Ability to perform all required duties with minimal supervision.
4. Ability to meet and communicate effectively with people at all levels.
5. Ability to stay alert all times.
6. Ability to exercise good judgement and common sense with ability to adapt to various situations.
7. Ability to maintain records in a neat, accurate and legible manner.
8. Must be neatly dressed in Company uniform.
9. Knowledge of MCTS operations and policies.
10. Ability to pay close attention to details.
11. Ability to work efficiently and independently.
MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK CONDITIONS:
1. Must be able to read and write (numbers) with safety glasses or corrective lenses if needed and have a level of vision that allows for hand/eye coordination in carrying out job duties.
2. Must be able to use arms, wrists, hands, to grasp, squeeze, pull and push loads.
3. Must be able to wear OSHA approved safety glasses and hearing protection for a complete work shift.
4. Must be able to stand, reach out to 58 inches in height, one handed or both, push and pull loads up to 54 pounds, four times per hour.
5. Must be able to bend, stoop, stand and turn with hands/arms, and be able to grasp, lift, pull loads up to 25 ponds to a height of 42 inches, four times per hour will performing job duties.
6. Must have sufficient mobility to walk up to seven plus miles per work shift, step up and down from a height of 17 inches up to 18 times per hour while performing job duties.
7. Must be able to speak (English language) over radio system and be able to communicate with other employees while carrying out job duties.
8. Ability to pass a physical with drug screen, including a PPFT (Pre-placement Functional Test) as it relates to the physical requirements of the essential functions of the job.
The above are general requirements that must be met for consideration. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of job qualifications or job duties. For more detailed job position information, please refer to the job description, which is available upon request from the Human Resources Department.
Milwaukee County Transit System is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age; protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
How To Apply :
After reading and knowing the criteria and minimum qualification requirements that have been explained from the job info Cleaner Tanker in the office Milwaukee, WI
(Triangle area) above, then the jobseeker who feels that he has not met requirements include education, age, etc. and are really interested in the latest job vacancy Full-time above, it should be as soon as possible to complete and compile a job application file such as a job application letter, CV or curriculum vitae and transcripts and other complements as described above, in order to register and participate in the admission selection for new employees at the company in question, sent via the link below.
Other Information :
- Country : US
To apply for this job please visit » Send Now