Tyson Foods, Inc.
New Hired from Tyson Foods, Inc.
If this job matches your qualifications, please send your application directly through our latest Job site in Lafayette, TN. Indeed, every job is not easy to apply because it must meet several qualifications and requirements that we must meet in accordance with the standard criteria of the Tyson Foods, Inc. who are looking for potential candidates to work. Good job information Cobb – Hatchery Worker (3rd) below matches your qualifications.
Schedule: Sunday – Wednesday (Saturday)
Hours: Shift begins at 7:40 pm until the job is complete and every seventh Saturday from 11:00pm to 7:00am. This position averages 40-45 hours per week includes working holidays . Responsibilities may require an adjusted work schedule.
Hiring Criteria: Must reside in the United States to be considered for an interview. Applicant must have at least 3 consecutive months of work experience with the same employer and no additional gaps in employment greater than twelve months during the last 36 months. If applicant was laid-off, providing eldercare or childcare, an 18-month gap will be allowed for applicants. Previous work history criteria will not apply to applicants who have been full time students consecutively for the last 36 months. Two attempts to reach the applicant are made with no more than one attempt on the same day. If the number provided is disconnected or an incorrect number, no additional attempts to call the applicant will be made. Candidate must provide their SS# in order to be considered. The candidate will be called twice, at least 24 hours apart. If at the first attempt, the applicant is reached, then a second call will not be performed. The applicant will have 24 hours from the time of contact to add their SS# to their application. Two unsuccessful attempts at contacting the applicant, 24 hours apart, the application will be rejected.
Applicants with previous agricultural or production experience will be considered preferred.
Mask policy will be in accordance with any local, state or federal requirements but will be provided to any Team Member wishing to wear as mask.
Starting Wage: $17.00
Plus additional shift differential for evenings, nights and weekends.
Competitive benefits, including:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Critical illness, accident and hospital indemnity insurance
- Stock purchase plan
- Education Assistance Program (including GED assistance, Citizenship assistance, ESL and tuition reimbursement)
- Referral incentives
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Overtime eligibility
- ETO (Earned Time Off)
- Pulls chicks and places for processing; properly disposes of substandard chicks; operates high pressure washer to clean trays, dollies, hatchery and operates a high pressure hose to sanitize trays, dollies, hatchery and equipment. Other duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Pads up to 1500 empty chick boxes weighing approximately 2 pounds. (15%)
- Lift box of 100 chicks weighing approximately 15 pounds and stacks into stacks of 10, 1500 times. (15%)
- Pushes 10 stacked boxes with birds averaging 15 pounds per box into a row approximately 150 times. (15%)
- Push/pull hatcher baskets on casters full of chicks into Pull Room weighing approximately 500 – 1000 pounds. (15%)
- Places up to 150,000 chicks weighing approximately 40 grams onto belt. Must take hatcher baskets off stacks of 15 high. Each baskets weighing approximately 35 pounds. This does require overhead lifting. Putting empty trays (48 inches x 16.8 inches) weighing approximately 6.25 pounds into tray wash machine. (15%)
- Take clean, empty trays out of tray washer and restack into stacks of 15 high approximately 1300 times. (15%)
Other duties, responsibilities and activities
- These may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice; such as: read temperatures and turn failures in setters and read temperature and humidity in incubators every three hours, wash and foam pull and traywash rooms using a high pressure hose and regular water hose, pulls loaded setter buggies on casters weighing approximately 700-1300 pounds, operates box washer, maintains a clean and organized work area, properly euthanize weak/ill birds in accordance with company policy. (10%)
Biosecurity/Animal Welfare Requirements/Safety
- The jobsite is a biosecure environment which requires showering, changing clothing and footwear before entering the facility. Appropriate clothing and footwear is provided by the Company. No jewelry may be worn on the jobsite except for medical ID jewelry and body piercings covered by appropriate clothing. Must be willing to sign an agreement to avoid any avian species (chickens, ducks, birds, etc.). Must be willing to sign and abide by the Company Biosecurity and Company Animal Welfare Guidelines.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Physical: Must use safe lifting techniques. Must regularly lift and stack chick boxes (wheeled dolly) weighing up to 12 pounds and will regularly be required to push or pull stacks of boxes up to 125 pounds. Will regularly be required to pull/push 700 to 1300 pounds (wheeled dolly). While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand majority of shift (concrete floor); walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision; distance vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- Tools and Equipment: Large euthanizer, tray wash, counter, high pressure, water hose, foamer, sanitize, broom, shovel, pull hook, squeegee
- Environment: Required to work on wet, slippery surfaces and also in hot, dry, dusty, wet and cold environments.
- Personal Protective Equipment Required: Safety glasses, Safety goggles, face shield, chemical gloves, waterproof apron, and rubber boots are required. Ear plugs will be used as needed. NIOSH approved N95 particulate respirators will be worn as needed.
- Chemicals Commonly Used: hand sanitizer, disinfectants, foamers, formaldehyde.
- Safety: TM is expected to follow all applicable safety policies and procedures. These include but are not limited to Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, LOTO and Personal Protective Equipment. TM is expected to identify, address and mitigate safety related risks
Relocation Assistance Eligible:
3RD SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection
How To Apply :
After reading and knowing the criteria and minimum qualification requirements that have been explained from the job info Cobb – Hatchery Worker (3rd) in the office Lafayette, TN above, then the jobseeker who feels that he has not met requirements include education, age, etc. and are really interested in the latest job vacancy Full-time above, it should be as soon as possible to complete and compile a job application file such as a job application letter, CV or curriculum vitae and transcripts and other complements as described above, in order to register and participate in the admission selection for new employees at the company in question, sent via the link below.
Other Information :
- Country : US
To apply for this job please visit » Send Now