New Hired from Farmscape
If this job matches your qualifications, please send your application directly through our latest Job site in Chino, CA. Indeed, every job is not easy to apply because it must meet several qualifications and requirements that we must meet in accordance with the standard criteria of the Farmscape who are looking for potential candidates to work. Good job information Community Farmer below matches your qualifications.
Status: Full TimeSchedule: Tuesday – SaturdayBenefits: paid vacation, monthly smartphone and audiobook reimbursements, Mileage reimbursement for driving during work shifts. Benefits for full-time employees include Health insurance, 401(k) plan with employer matching, FSA & Dependent Care plan.
About This Job:A Farmscape Community Farmer Educator works on our Agrihood team to maintain urban and suburban farms within neighborhoods throughout California, and provide farm and nature related education and events for community residents. A Farmscape Community Farmer Educator is equally well-skilled in small-scale, mixed-crop farm operations using organic methods and leading vibrant, engaging activities, workshops, and events. You are someone who believes in the magic of farming and gardening and wants to share your love, passion, and knowledge with everyone around you.
About You:You’re as comfortable broadforking a recently harvested bed in winter as you are hosting a community potluck in spring. You would harvest green beans for 2 hours in the sun with folks from the neighborhood and do it with a smile. You were probably a camp counselor every summer in your teens. You bring the vibe and set the pace. Kids follow you around. Adults follow you around. Your coworkers love you so much they bring you coffee on cold mornings. The residents love you so much they bake you cookies. You want to teach a workshop on composting to 4 people and you want to make popcorn for 40. You’re just as willing to fill out spreadsheets with the latest harvest logs or drive across town to another farm as you are to harvest two tubs of hakurei turnips. You know what a hakurei turnip is. When people walk by the farm you say hi and ask them to participate. You believe in local food systems. You know urban farming isn’t bucolic but it’s still beautiful.
About Us:Farmscape is the largest urban farming company in California, with a commitment to creating food-focused, climate-resilient landscapes. Since 2008, we have designed, installed and maintained hundreds of customized gardens as beautiful as they are abundant.
Our low-impact, sustainable Farmscapes are lively, vibrant spaces that feature native, low-water plants to complement the food we grow. As trusted local farmers, we grow food for single-family homes, master-planned communities, Fortune 500 companies, Michelin-starred chefs and World Series Champions.
- Work with farming team to maintain agrihood farms, including planting, weeding, harvesting, washing, etc
- Lead fun, productive and educational experiences for residents during volunteer shifts
- Plan, prepare and host a variety of events related to farming, farm-to-table culinary and natural crafting/art.
- Maintaining a disciplined and well-paced work environment
- Ensuring premium experience of all visitors to the farm
- Maintaining sanitary, safe and organized work and storage areas
- Maintain simple farm budgets and administrative documentation
- Collect and report data pertaining to harvest yields, volunteer hours and supplies
- Responsible for all communications and scheduling with resident participants
- Assist with annual events and workshops
- Participate in ongoing training and development workshops and opportunities
- Applicants should have 2+ years organic growing experience, with strong knowledge of vegetable cultivation and garden maintenance
- Farm or garden management experience is a plus
- Relevant education or certifications is a plus
- Must be a good communicator
- Must have some computer skills, personal device and personal vehicle
- Must implement sustainable practices such as water conservation, pollinator consciousness, soil care, etc
- Demonstrate creativity in coming up with ideas for events, crafts, workshops and community gatherings that are meaningful and sustainable.
- Comfortable leading and speaking to groups.
To Apply:Please send a cover letter and resume to apply. NO CALLS PLEASE.
Compensation: $20 – $24 DOE
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $24.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chino, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Farming: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person
- Health insurance
How To Apply :
After reading and knowing the criteria and minimum qualification requirements that have been explained from the job info Community Farmer in the office Chino, CA above, then the jobseeker who feels that he has not met requirements include education, age, etc. and are really interested in the latest job vacancy Full-time above, it should be as soon as possible to complete and compile a job application file such as a job application letter, CV or curriculum vitae and transcripts and other complements as described above, in order to register and participate in the admission selection for new employees at the company in question, sent via the link below.
Other Information :
- Country : US
To apply for this job please visit » Send Now