New Hired from Carnegie Institution
If this job matches your qualifications, please send your application directly through our latest Job site in Washington, DC. Indeed, every job is not easy to apply because it must meet several qualifications and requirements that we must meet in accordance with the standard criteria of the Carnegie Institution who are looking for potential candidates to work. Good job information Controller below matches your qualifications.
Department: HQ – Headquarters
Salary: Based on experience
Location: Washington, D.C.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and managing a staff of six, direct and indirect, the Controller works in collaboration with the Associate Director of IT, Human Resources, and the Divisional Controllers. The Controller oversees the daily transactions and operations of the Carnegie Science’s Finance Offices, including general accounting, procurement, payroll administration, accounts payable, cash receipts, expense report processing, journal entry processing, accounts receivable, fixed assets, and audit oversight.
The Controller will assist in establishing the Institution’s policies and procedures, and system use and implementation for unified business practices across the Institution. A key facet to support this is to lead Carnegie Accounting staff in a manner to ensure high levels of consistent customer service, in addition to professional, timely, and accurate financial operations.
- Ensures the accuracy, integrity, timeliness, and security of Carnegie’s financial records and accounting, and provides accounting and financial operations services in support of Carnegie’s scientific departments.
- Produces Carnegie’s quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and applicable FASB statements.
- Responsible for assessing the impact and planning for impending accounting standard changes.
- Business owner of Accounting and Procurement Systems. Plays a leadership role in the team that evaluates, selects, and implements or upgrades current accounting and procurement systems.
- Collaborates with the Investment Director to forecast cash flow requirements.
- Monitors restricted fund usage to ensure regulatory compliance and donor stewardship.
- Maintains a strong internal control environment by ensuring compliance with Carnegie policies and procedures. Works with the Chief Financial Officer and other stakeholders to update policies as required.
- Works collaboratively with appropriate staff to prepare and manage the audit of annual financial statements.
- Oversees the annual Form 990 preparation and ensures the Institution’s compliance with federal and state legislation.
- Works collaboratively with the appropriate staff to provide reports and data extraction in support of the institution’s decision-making processes, including support for the Board, the President, and the Chief Financial Officer.
- Directly manages the Assistant Controller, Finance Systems Manager, and Payroll Manager.
- Works closely with the Chief Financial Officer, Finance Director, and the Associate Director of Information Technology to identify optimal technology solutions for creating a best-practice-driven organization with a focus on improving processes.
- Leads and mentors staff while building a collaborative, service-oriented team and continuous learning culture.
- CPA certificate with extensive knowledge of accounting standards and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 10 years of related accounting/financial operations experience
- Prior controller experience and a minimum of 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of fund accounting and experience with non-profit/research institution accounting
- Proven leadership skills and ability to manage and develop staff
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels and with multiple constituents
- Knowledge of Payroll and Procure to Pay processes
- Knowledge of the monitoring and audit functions relating to compliance with systems of internal controls
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Independent thinker with a strong customer service orientation and collaborative work style
- A passion for transformative change and a mindset of continuous improvement
- Ability to adapt and implement new systems and applications
- Ability to establish clear directions and set priorities
- Ability to build collaborative relationships and effective work-groups
- Ability to deliver difficult messages with tact and diplomacy and encourage or compel compliance and good citizenship
- MBA or MS in Accounting
- Experience with big 4 auditing firms
- Experience with Netsuite, Pyango, and eXtendTech
Technical Skills Required:
- Advanced experience maintaining a SaaS based ERP systems; Carnegie uses Netsuite, Pyango and eXtendTech
- Knowledge of SaaS based HR and payroll self-service portal technologies
- Expertise in data extraction, analysis, and report presentation
- Demonstrate at least intermediate Excel and Microsoft Office skills.
- Administrative skills, as required in budgeting, contracting, and contract administration.
How To Apply :
After reading and knowing the criteria and minimum qualification requirements that have been explained from the job info Controller in the office Washington, DC above, then the jobseeker who feels that he has not met requirements include education, age, etc. and are really interested in the latest job vacancy Full-time above, it should be as soon as possible to complete and compile a job application file such as a job application letter, CV or curriculum vitae and transcripts and other complements as described above, in order to register and participate in the admission selection for new employees at the company in question, sent via the link below.
Other Information :
- Country : US
To apply for this job please visit » Send Now