New Hired from Burning Man
If this job matches your qualifications, please send your application directly through our latest Job site in Reno, NV
(East Reno area). Indeed, every job is not easy to apply because it must meet several qualifications and requirements that we must meet in accordance with the standard criteria of the Burning Man who are looking for potential candidates to work. Good job information DPW Purchasing Delivery Driver below matches your qualifications.
The Department of Public Works (DPW) Purchasing Delivery Driver is responsible for the last mile delivery of packages ordered by various departments within the Burning Man organization. This position requires a strong ability to safely navigate dirt roads and within crowded Black Rock City streets. Typical routes include Gerlach to local Burning Man properties and work areas. This role will assist the DPW Receiving Coordinator to process inbound and outbound packages, unload/load delivery trucks, and generally organize, move and sort stored packages. There is a large physical component to this job and will operate during non-standard hours according to the delivery schedules that tend to arrive mid-morning, later evening and may extend during peak receiving days.
This temporary, ineligible for benefits role is:
- From July – August: Full-Time, Non-Exempt, based Gerlach, NV .
The deadline to apply for this role is 5:00 pm Pacific on April 20, 2023.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Package Delivery (60%)
- Work with the receiving coordinator to identify the delivery route.
- Packing, loading and unloading the delivery truck.
- Perform vehicle safety inspections at the beginning and end of every shift, ensuring that the vehicle is in good working order.
- Provide friendly, timely customer service and assistance.
- Maintain clear and respectful communication with the team members.
- Notifying the receiving coordinator of any issues while in the field.
- Obtain delivery confirmations from recipients.
- Daily reporting and entry of delivery data into Procurify and Google Docs.
- Maintain safety standards and situational awareness while operating and loading/unloading the delivery truck.
Personnel Support (35%)
- Assist the Receiving coordinator with processing inbound and outbound packages. This could include sorting packages, logging packages into Procurify, storing packages, identifying any discrepancies or damages and notifying the recipient of their package arrival.
- Assist with unloading freight trucks and other delivery vehicles.
- Work to ensure all documentation is completed in accordance with operational standards, deadlines, and to maintain continuity in what and how work is done. Ensure that all reports meet standards outlined and shared by the Purchasing Department and DPW Management.
- Help to ensure that work is completed in accordance within operational standards and deadlines.
- Provide a written, year-end summary of processes including any recommendations for improvements.
Other Functions and Responsibilities (5%)
- Attend morning crew meetings.
- Work with the Purchasing Team to plan and execute LNT and Waste stream plans.
- Be familiar with, understand and act in accordance with Burning Man’s staff policies, protocols and behavioral standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
LEARNING AND TEACHING
- Documentation – Assists in the creation, publishing, and maintenance of process documentation related to their assigned duties.
- Knowledge sharing – Helps acculturate and educate junior staff in Burning Man culture and business processes.
- Learning – Pursues ongoing learning in their area of expertise, working to stay current on emergent knowledge, skills, and processes.
- Expert ability to drive safely on dirt roads, navigate Black Rock City streets that are congested with pedestrians, bicycles, and mutant vehicles, and maintain a strong situational awareness in a variety of settings.
- Ability to handle dynamic situations and proactively engage in clarifying conversations.
- Ability to differentiate between similar items when the details may not be immediately apparent.
- Capable of moving and stacking materials with the physical ability to easily and safely lift up to 60 lbs.
- Clear, service-oriented and professional communication.
- Operates with a high level of behavioral integrity, confidentiality and discretion of sensitive information; maintains tidiness in work ethics and the work environment, and remains calm and focused under pressure.
- Expert in handling data entry with an attention for accuracy; highly organized, able to prioritize, and motivated with the ability to adhere to a strict schedule.
- Capable of working in an extreme environment including drastic temperature changes, high winds, poor air quality and low to no visibility at times.
- Ability to temporarily relocate for work at the Burning Man event held in Gerlach, Nevada
- Experience with two-way radio communication with the ability to maintain professionalism on air.
- Ability to effectively update existing online applications, tools, systems, spreadsheets, and documents.
- It is helpful if the candidate has previously been to Burning Man and/or is familiar with its culture.
Note: If you have gained the necessary experience to succeed in this role and have acquired this experience in other ways, we encourage you to apply and share all relevant experience in your application.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record
Individual compensation decisions are dependent on a variety of factors, including prior experience and geographical location. The anticipated rate for this position:
- From July – August is $15.00 to $17.00 per hour.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Off and On-playa: This position requires periods of heavy lifting, bending, kneeling, squatting, and climbing. This position will be physically demanding, and requires individuals with good physical health, and endurance. Work will include the need to find and meet with department representatives who may not be in the vicinity therefore this could include walking or using some form of transportation. Much of the work will be in outside weather conditions and will be exposed to fumes or airborne particles as well as possible extremes in temperature.
NOTICE FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
- Burning Man Project celebrates the importance of creating a diverse environment and enthusiastically encourages Black, Indigenous, Peoples of Color, LGBTQIA+, Immigrant, women, and people with disabilities, of all ages, to apply.
- Burning Man Project provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Notice for Remote Opportunities: Burning Man Project is currently able to hire remote employees living/working in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, ID, LA, MA, MI, MT, NC, NM, NV, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI. Working hours for all positions are based in Pacific Time.
How To Apply :
After reading and knowing the criteria and minimum qualification requirements that have been explained from the job info DPW Purchasing Delivery Driver in the office Reno, NV
(East Reno area) above, then the jobseeker who feels that he has not met requirements include education, age, etc. and are really interested in the latest job vacancy Temporary above, it should be as soon as possible to complete and compile a job application file such as a job application letter, CV or curriculum vitae and transcripts and other complements as described above, in order to register and participate in the admission selection for new employees at the company in question, sent via the link below.
Other Information :
- Country : US
To apply for this job please visit » Send Now