New Hired from Green America
If this job matches your qualifications, please send your application directly through our latest Job site in Remote in Washington, DC. Indeed, every job is not easy to apply because it must meet several qualifications and requirements that we must meet in accordance with the standard criteria of the Green America who are looking for potential candidates to work. Good job information Finance Director below matches your qualifications.
Reports to: Executive Co-Director for Business, Investing & Policy Salary range: $100,000 to $120,000 Benefits: Excellent benefits including health care, dental care, support for working virtually, generous leave policy, and flexible 32-hour work week Location: District/Maryland/Virginia (DMV) area preferred, but open to remote candidates
Founded in 1982, Green America is a national nonprofit dedicated to creating a just and sustainable society by harnessing economic power. Our unique approach focuses on economic action and marketplace strategies, working with consumers and investors.
We seek a Finance Director who will have overall responsibility for our organization’s accounting, finance, budget and reporting functions. The Finance Director will ensure that the systems, processes, procedures and policies are in place for effective management of the organization, clean audits, compliance with applicable laws/regulations, and efficient operations of their department.
Green America is a highly collaborative, vibrant workplace. We have a participatory decision-making process among staff members that aims to build consensus within departments and teams on how we carry out our work. Goals to advance Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion are woven into all of our work.
- Final responsibility for the accuracy and quality of all financial data, reporting, and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area; meticulous attention to detail and a commitment to quality.
- Lead the presentation of financial reports/results to staff and the Board. Present financial and budget information to the organization’s board in a manner that allows individuals who do not have a finance or accounting background to understand the financial condition of the organization.
- Supervise the Accountant’s work on Accounts Payable, Payroll and other accounting tasks.
- Manage the organization’s:
- Expense reimbursements
- Account receivables, billing and aging reports
- Accounts payable and payments: check and other electronic
- Member loan program administration
- Credit card activity recording and PayPal processing/payments
- Bank/investment accounts and reporting, including the Endowment
- Monthly reconciliations and closings, and issuance of financial reports
- Cash balance and cash flow management and reporting
- State agency filings via outside counsel, as required
- Sponsored program reporting
- Maintenance of fixed asset schedule
- Filing of 1099 reports to the IRS and qualified vendors
- Manage line of credit
- Manage contract files with outside contractors or vendors in conjunction with relevant staff
- Insurance coverage and renewals (with the HR director)
- Oversee and lead annual planning and budgeting process in conjunction with the Executive Team and Coordinating Team (CT); review and provide input on plans and budgets; and provide analytical support and budget/reporting tools to managers as needed.
- Proactively keep Executive Team and CT abreast of the organization’s financial status and trajectory.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit and 990 process. Work with Green America’s external auditors to ensure that our annual audit and tax return are completed in a successful and timely fashion.
- Ensure compliance with external financially oriented reporting requirements; generate filings and/or manage others in the generation of filings; and ensure accuracy, quality and timeliness of financial filings.
- Review the organization’s internal controls and make changes as appropriate.
- Ensure strict compliance with all applicable laws/requirements as they relate to accounting.
- Review organizational contracts, consulting with outside counsel as needed, and retain documents related to agreements with vendors and other third parties.
- Work with the HR and IT Directors to ensure proper documentation of organizational practices and systems.
- Maintain/revise the organization’s chart of accounts and accounting/reporting dimensions based on nonprofit best practice and the management/reporting needs of the organization.
- Work with the technology team to achieve efficiencies by automating manual processes and integrating accounting/finance systems/processes with other systems/processes when such integration results in net efficiencies for the organization.
- The success of our work and the strength of our organization depend on the voluntary participation of staff from all levels of the organization in various cross-departmental teams, in addition to the core responsibilities of each staff position. While staff members are not required to participate in a voluntary team every year, we do depend on volunteers throughout the year for teams such as: Operating Plan & Budget Team; Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) Team; Pulse Survey Team; and the Fun Days Team.
Experience doesn’t always look the same – skills are transferable, and passion is important. Please tell us how your experience can lead to success in this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and at least 3-5 years of relevant experience as a senior accountant and/or auditor; highly motivated to take on greater responsibility and an increasingly strategic role across the next several years. CPA licensure is a plus.
- Strong track record of progressively increasing responsibility in managing accounting, coordinating/leading audits, managing financial reporting and analysis, and budgeting.
- Technologically savvy with advanced knowledge of accounting, financial reporting and Intacct accounting software.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in support of line managers; exemplary communications skills, interpersonal skills, and professionalism.
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to derive actionable insight from data, and ability to organize/present data in a way that is incisive and useful by others.
- Entrepreneurial, results-oriented focus, with demonstrated ability to work and solve problems independently in order to move initiatives from inception to completion; strong project management and organizational skills with ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a team.
- Commitment to our organization’s mission and values.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 10, 2023.
Green America is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination regarding: actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, breastfeeding, or reproductive health disorders), age (18 years of age or older), marital status (including domestic partnership and parenthood), personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, citizenship status, credit information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Harassment on the basis of a protected characteristic is included as a form of discrimination and is strictly prohibited.
How To Apply :
After reading and knowing the criteria and minimum qualification requirements that have been explained from the job info Finance Director in the office Remote in Washington, DC above, then the jobseeker who feels that he has not met requirements include education, age, etc. and are really interested in the latest job vacancy Full-time above, it should be as soon as possible to complete and compile a job application file such as a job application letter, CV or curriculum vitae and transcripts and other complements as described above, in order to register and participate in the admission selection for new employees at the company in question, sent via the link below.
Other Information :
- Country : US
To apply for this job please visit » Send Now