New Hired from Dakota County
If this job matches your qualifications, please send your application directly through our latest Job site in Inver Grove Heights, MN. Indeed, every job is not easy to apply because it must meet several qualifications and requirements that we must meet in accordance with the standard criteria of the Dakota County who are looking for potential candidates to work. Good job information Librarian (Youth Services) below matches your qualifications.
POSTING TYPE: Open Competitive DEPARTMENT: Library HOURS: Full-time HIRING RANGE: $58,494 – 65,806 SALARY RANGE: $58,494 – 91,398 (Grade 107) LOCATION: Inver Glen Library, Inver Grove Heights UNION: AFSCME 693 CLOSE DATE: 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 5, 2023
Who We Are
Dakota County Library’s mission is to cultivate community, creativity and learning. Our goal is to provide positive, welcoming, and inclusive experiences for our customers and employees. Our work environments are places where differences are valued and accepted, and respect and personal growth are expected. We are committed to dismantling institutional racism and other forms of oppression. We seek individuals who are eager to build a culture of belonging and a more equitable world.
Dakota County is Minnesota’s third largest county and home to more than 400,000 residents. Our motto is “Be More” and we strive every day to achieve excellence public service, with a focus on four values: Service, Integrity, People, and Innovation.
What You’ll Do
The Inver Glen Library is currently seeking a positive, enthusiastic full-time (40 hours per week) Youth Services Librarian with strong customer service skills to develop a broad range of programming for children, to model and support positive caregiver/child interaction, to reach out and build relationships with youth-focused organizations in the community and to keep current with trends and best practices in librarianship pertaining to youth and customers of all ages, and work in tandem with Circulation Services at the branch to provide an excellent customer service experience.
All Dakota County Librarians provide information services, reading suggestions, and research services to assist library customers in finding information. The Librarian will assist the public in the use of digital resources and provide technology instruction. Under general library policies and service frameworks, the Librarian will also promote library services and print/digital resources through the development and delivery of programs, general and technology instruction, community outreach to target audiences, and public relations. Work may be provided at the branch or system level through committee and team involvement. The librarian works under the supervision of a Branch Manager.
Future vacancies for this position across all Dakota County Library locations may be filled from this list of eligible candidates for a period of up to six months.
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science
- 1 year public library experience
- Experience incorporating new technologies into children’s/teen programs
- Experience developing and presenting a broad range of multicultural youth-focused programming, including accessible and inclusive storytimes for babies and toddlers
- Experience conducting community outreach and building relationships with youth-focused organizations
- Experience working with diverse populations and customers with limited English proficiency
- Bilingual skills
Duties & Responsibilities
These examples do not include all possible tasks in this work and do not limit the assignment of related tasks in any position of this classification. Regular attendance according to the position’s management approved work schedule is required for all positions.
1. Information Services: Match customer’s needs with information and resources in a meaningful, appropriate and professional manner in the library, in a virtual setting or in the community
2. Building Relationships: Build relationships and network with other internal and external partners to fulfill the library’s mission.
3. Programming: Coordinate, develop and deliver library programs to meet the needs of a diverse community and target audiences
4 Collection Management: Maintain library collection areas and recommend resources in all formats.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Duties listed above are essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities and Work Environment
SKILLS CRITICAL TO SUCCESS
- Knowledge of professional librarian reference and research methods and materials.
- Ability to analyze the collection needs of the community and target populations using software and statistics.
- Ability to develop comprehensive programming strategies based on community needs.
- Ability to effectively work with the general public using strong verbal and written customer service skills in public interactions.
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and teams.
- Knowledge of community resources and needs and the ability to collaborate, partner and negotiate with community leaders and organizations.
- Knowledge of subject, format, and related options to be considered in developing the collection for a public library with a popular materials focus.
- Ability to identify and promote support for library programs, materials and services among members of diverse community groups.
- Knowledge of and skill in using digital resources and library technologies of all types.
- Ability to manage projects including needs assessment, goal setting, strategic development, implementation, resource management and outcome evaluation.
- Ability to relate societal trends to library services, collections, and programs.
- Knowledge of library literature and professional library organizations and networks.
The work is sedentary and requires no special physical demands. The work involves minimal risks and observance of safety precautions typical of office settings. The work is typically performed in an adequately lighted and climate controlled office. May require occasional travel.
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental, vision, and other benefits
- Excellent work-life balance
- Generous paid time off (accrual rate starts at four weeks per year)
- Eleven paid holidays each year
- Pension with a generous employer contribution
- You submit an online application that includes supplemental questions.
- We assign you a score based on your qualifications.
- Top scoring candidates are referred to the hiring manager for interview consideration.
- We conduct background and reference checks before hiring.
How To Apply :
After reading and knowing the criteria and minimum qualification requirements that have been explained from the job info Librarian (Youth Services) in the office Inver Grove Heights, MN above, then the jobseeker who feels that he has not met requirements include education, age, etc. and are really interested in the latest job vacancy Full-time above, it should be as soon as possible to complete and compile a job application file such as a job application letter, CV or curriculum vitae and transcripts and other complements as described above, in order to register and participate in the admission selection for new employees at the company in question, sent via the link below.
Other Information :
- Country : US
To apply for this job please visit » Send Now