New Hired from Covanta
If this job matches your qualifications, please send your application directly through our latest Job site in Chicago, IL. Indeed, every job is not easy to apply because it must meet several qualifications and requirements that we must meet in accordance with the standard criteria of the Covanta who are looking for potential candidates to work. Good job information Regional Controller – Midwest below matches your qualifications.
Join us in creating a sustainable future and becoming a protector of tomorrow!
At Covanta, the work we do is more than just a job. It’s a commitment to environmental problem-solving and sustainable progress. We do all that we can to safeguard the future of our people, our planet, and our shared prosperity. We are a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Our modern Waste-to-Energy and material processing facilities provide municipalities and businesses with sustainable alternatives to landfill disposal that help build a circular economy and use waste to generate clean, renewable electricity. Building a safer, smarter world is no simple task, but it is something we can achieve together. Join us in protecting tomorrow.
What Covanta Offers You:
Highlights of Covanta’s Competitive Total Rewards package:
- A competitive base salary
- Performance-based Annual Incentive Plan
- Day 1 – Health Care Benefits, including dental and vision
- Wellness Program Incentives & Rewards
- Retirement Savings Plan and 401K with Company match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Holiday)
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
The Regional Controller, reporting to the Regional Finance Director, will lead the operations finance activities, planning and analysis for a group of Material Processing Facilities, as well as provide finance support to the facility managers / area asset managers: including spend analysis, material & labor variance analysis, forecasting, KPI (key performance indicators) management and reporting, asset safeguarding, and evaluating/tracking cost out opportunities.
- Partner with the facility/area management in achieving business objectives
- Own the review and ensure timely reporting of financial statements for all facilities in his/her scope in the region
- Responsible for ensuring monthly/quarterly financial forecasts, long term plans and annual budgets are prepared with direction from the Operational/Business Leadership teams to achieve Company goals
- Perform operational statistical and metrics tracking, evaluate financial performance comparing actual results to plans while also making recommendations to obtain goals and support monthly bridges
- Prepare quantitative and qualitative variances explanations including risk and opportunity assessment
- Monitors spending on key categories to include maintenance, supplies, and consumables, and support company initiatives to reduce spending.
- Compile and analyze financial information necessary to assist in the month-end accounting close
- Identify opportunities and lead continuous improvement initiatives
- Special projects/ad hoc request as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required with concentration in finance / accounting
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team oriented culture and with Client based sensitivities
- Ability to handle multiple assignments meeting strict deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to identify and resolve complex finance and accounting issues in addition to frequent financial analysis and preparations
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize complex issues, and develop innovative solutions
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to exercise judgment to make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses in addition to being flexible with on-the-fly requests
- Ability to interpret and adhere to contractual language
- Attention to detail, desire to learn and adapt is a must, process-oriented
- Strong communications, presentation and networking skills
- Experience with ERP systems (Preferred: Net Suite, MS Suite, Oracle Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service, SmartView Adhoc Reporting and PeopleSoft)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at
). Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant’s experience or skills.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Apply :
After reading and knowing the criteria and minimum qualification requirements that have been explained from the job info Regional Controller – Midwest in the office Chicago, IL above, then the jobseeker who feels that he has not met requirements include education, age, etc. and are really interested in the latest job vacancy Full-time above, it should be as soon as possible to complete and compile a job application file such as a job application letter, CV or curriculum vitae and transcripts and other complements as described above, in order to register and participate in the admission selection for new employees at the company in question, sent via the link below.
Other Information :
- Country : US
To apply for this job please visit » Send Now