South Dakota Board of Regents
New Hired from South Dakota Board of Regents
If this job matches your qualifications, please send your application directly through our latest Job site in Brookings, SD. Indeed, every job is not easy to apply because it must meet several qualifications and requirements that we must meet in accordance with the standard criteria of the South Dakota Board of Regents who are looking for potential candidates to work. Good job information Research Assistant below matches your qualifications.
SDSU-Agronomy, Horticulture & Plant Science
Physical Location of Position (City)
South Dakota State University (SDSU) Agronomy, Horticulture, and Plant Science Department is offering an exciting career opportunity as a Research Assistant. We are looking for a creative and innovative professional to join us in determining nutrient management methods that can maintain and increase crop production while conserving and reducing inputs (water, fertilizers, chemicals, etc.) in a way that minimizes environmental impact and is profitable for farmers in South Dakota. This is a 12 month, full-time, benefit eligible position. This position is supervised by the SDSU Extension Soil Fertility Specialist. This position will be located on campus in Brookings, SD.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
South Dakota State University promotes access to and opportunities for all to receive the benefit of and participate in education, research, and service and is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to this land-grant mission of access.
Direct, conduct, evaluate, and ensure that protocols for the soil fertility research trials are conducted at a high level to provide stakeholders with quality nutrient recommendations. This position will be responsible for helping conduct a number of on-farm trials across South Dakota dealing with different fertilizer sources, rates, application times, and placement methods. This position is also responsible for soil and plant preparation and analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy, Soil Science, Plant Science or a closely related field completed by first day of employment;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences that include Farmer Cooperators, Extension Field Specialists, Researchers, Farm Managers, and Graduate students involved with achieving project objectives;
- Willingness to travel to research sites with occasional overnight stays:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills;
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills;
- Ability to work as a contributing team member to the soil fertility group;
- Ability to operate small and large farm equipment to prepare fields, take soil samples, apply fertilizer, plant crops, apply pesticides, and harvest crops;
- Valid Driver’s License or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire, ability to drive trucks pulling trailers with equipment, and willingness/ability to obtain CDL if it becomes necessary to haul the soil fertility program’s equipment;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Commercial Pesticide Applicator’s License for South Dakota or ability to obtain within one year of hire.
- Previous field research plot experience;
- Previous experience operating agricultural equipment;
- Ability to direct, guide and assist graduate students with plant and soil sample collection;
- Previous experience using GIS software to determine management zones, map crop yields, or apply fertilizer at varying rates;
- Demonstrated ability to properly use fertilizer and agri-chemical application equipment to ensure proper research project treatment placement on selected sites;
- Ability to monitor research plots and communicate with farmer cooperators to determine and ensure proper timing of field activities critical to success of the research project;
- Knowledge of proper biomass and soil sample processing that includes transportation, cataloging, drying, storage, and grinding in preparation for analysis;
- Experience in publishing educational materials and scientific reports.
South Dakota State University offers a wide range of benefits including medical, dental, and flexible benefits, retirement plans, compensation packages, paid holidays, and vacation leave. Employees also have access to internal and state-sponsored training as well as reduced tuition for state-supported courses at all State of South Dakota academic institutions.
This system will guide you through the electronic application form. This employment site will also require the attachment of a cover letter, which should specifically address how the candidate meets the qualifications as outlined in the advertisement, resume, and a reference page with the contact information for three professional references. Email applications will not be accepted. Please contact South Dakota State University Human Resources at 605-688-4128 if you require assistance with this process.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by law and/or university policies, including but not limited to, successful completion of a criminal background check.
South Dakota State University is a tobacco free environment. It is university policy to maintain a drug-free environment and to thereby establish, promote, and maintain a safe and healthy working and learning environment for employees and students. This position is subject to South Dakota State University’s Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy 4:14.
Open Until Filled
First Consideration Date
Commensurate with qualifications
Duration of the Term
If Other, describe duration
For first year, term will be until Dec 31 and then it will be renewed for 12 months
Full time of 40 hours per week. Additional hours may be required during peak seasons (i.e. spring planting and fall harvesting).
Typical Hours Worked Per Week
Scope of Search
External (includes Internal)
If internal, define scope of search
This position requires
Travel, Overnight stays, Weekends/Holidays, Valid Drivers License, Other
If other, please indicate
Commercial Pesticide Applicator’s license for SD
Department Description and Cultural Expectations
South Dakota State University is the state’s largest, most comprehensive university with more than 200 academic programs, an enrollment of approximately 12,000 students, and over $60 million annual research expenditures
South Dakota State University offers a rich academic experience in an environment of inclusion and access through inspired, student-centered education, creative activities and research, innovation and engagement that improve the quality of life in South Dakota, the region, the nation and the world. Its employees embrace the university’s core values of being people-centered, expanding knowledge through creativity, embracing organizational and personal integrity, commitment to diversity of thought, and excellence through continuous improvement.
As the state’s 1862 Morrill Act land-grant institution, the work of South Dakota State University is carried out on its main resident campus in Brookings, at sites in Sioux Falls, Pierre, Rapid City, and Aberdeen, and through Extension offices and Agricultural Experiment Station research sites across South Dakota.
Jackrabbits Athletics competes as an NCAA Division I member with membership in the Missouri Valley Football Conference, the Summit League and the Big XII for wrestling.
Brookings is home to approximately 24,000 residents and is located 60 miles north of Sioux Falls and 200 miles west of Minneapolis. Brookings is listed as an ideal community for families, students, young professionals and retirees, and is rated among the safest and most vibrant cities in South Dakota.
The Brookings Public School District educates approximately 3,300 K-12 students and ranks among the state’s highest academic achieving school districts. The district includes three elementary schools, an intermediate school for fourth and fifth grade, one middle school, and a high school.
The city also boasts an abundance of attractions and activities, including the Children’s Museum of South Dakota, Dakota Nature Park, South Dakota Art Museum, McCrory Gardens, South Dakota Agricultural Heritage Museum, Outdoor Adventure Center and the Brookings Summer Arts Festival.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
South Dakota State University promotes access to and opportunities for all to receive the benefit of and participate in education, research, and service and is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to this land-grant access mission. SDSU is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to, and SDSU prohibits discrimination on, the basis of, sex, race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, or any other status that may become protected in the offering of all educational programs and employment. Arrangements for accommodations required by disabilities can be made by emailing HR@sdstate.edu. Individuals with concerns regarding discrimination should contact: Equal Opportunity Officer/Title IX Coordinator, Human Resources, Morrill Hall 100, SDSU, Brookings, SD 57007. Phone: (605) 688-4128
For questions on the position, contact Anthony Bly at
605-782-3290 or email@example.com.
How To Apply :
After reading and knowing the criteria and minimum qualification requirements that have been explained from the job info Research Assistant in the office Brookings, SD above, then the jobseeker who feels that he has not met requirements include education, age, etc. and are really interested in the latest job vacancy Full-time above, it should be as soon as possible to complete and compile a job application file such as a job application letter, CV or curriculum vitae and transcripts and other complements as described above, in order to register and participate in the admission selection for new employees at the company in question, sent via the link below.
Other Information :
- Country : US
To apply for this job please visit » Send Now