New Hired from Nabors Industries
If this job matches your qualifications, please send your application directly through our latest Job site in New Iberia, LA. Indeed, every job is not easy to apply because it must meet several qualifications and requirements that we must meet in accordance with the standard criteria of the Nabors Industries who are looking for potential candidates to work. Good job information ROUSTABOUT below matches your qualifications.
ROUSTABOUT – (Requisition ID: 23000048)
Nabors is a leading provider of advanced technology for the energy industry. With operations in about 20 countries, Nabors has established a global network of people, technology and equipment to deploy solutions that deliver safe, efficient and responsible hydrocarbon production. By leveraging its core competencies, particularly in drilling, engineering, automation, data science and manufacturing, Nabors aims to innovate the future of energy and enable the transition to a lower carbon world.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
The job of the Roustabout is to safely and efficiently perform all manual labor tasks throughout the rig. The Roustabout works under the direction/ supervision of the Crane Operator, but reports to the Rig Manager.
Key Relevant Tasks:
- Assists the Crane Operator with offloading and backloading of supply vessels
- Performs housekeeping activities on the rig (excluding the rig floor) including washing, chipping and painting
- Assists Crane Operator with moving and relocating supplies, pipe and other equipment on the rig which involves attaching slings and cables to the object being moved.
- Assists the Derrickhand within the mud pit, mud pump and chemical sack rooms
- Performs simple maintenance and repairs to the plumbing and sewer systems
- When trained, relieves the floorhands on the drilling crew
- Performs other general labor duties as assigned
- Attention span to stay alert and attentive for up to 12 hour tour while performing sometimes repetitive and monotonous tasks
- Able to work 14 days on and 14 days off, including holidays, weekends and or days and nights; and able to work and live with others in relatively close confines.
- Able to receive verbal and written instructions
- Must be able to maintain good footing while standing and walking for a minimum of 4 hours at any one time, including standing and walking on steel decking and grating or possibly on wet service ship decks in rough seas with waves pushing across the deck.
- Must be able to repetitively lift and carry items weighing upwards of 60 lbs up and down stairs and/or distances up to 150 feet.
- Must be able to exert a push or pull force of up to 120 lbs while holding the tag lines of equipment and pipe during loading and offloading procedures
- When working on a supply or cargo vessel, the Roustabout must be able to identify hand signals at a distance of 150 feet from the Crane Operator.
- Able to bend, stoop, kneel, twist, and crawl throughout the tour work shift while wearing Personal Protective Equipment at all times
- Must be able to transfer from boat to rig through the use of a personnel basket, holding onto the outside of a rope matrix while basket is lifted in excess of 100 feet off the water, swung over the rig platform and placed on the deck.
- Other duties as required by the Crane Operator, Deck Foreman or Rig Manager
- Ability to perform essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations
- Ability to successfully complete Roustabout Training at the Nabors Training Center
- Must have reliable transportation to the crew change point for assigned rig
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6 months experience as a Roustabout for another drilling company
Primary Location: United States Of America-Louisiana-New Iberia-(Nabors Domestic Offshore) Gulf Of Mexico – Offshore
How To Apply :
After reading and knowing the criteria and minimum qualification requirements that have been explained from the job info ROUSTABOUT in the office New Iberia, LA above, then the jobseeker who feels that he has not met requirements include education, age, etc. and are really interested in the latest job vacancy Full-time above, it should be as soon as possible to complete and compile a job application file such as a job application letter, CV or curriculum vitae and transcripts and other complements as described above, in order to register and participate in the admission selection for new employees at the company in question, sent via the link below.
Other Information :
- Country : US
To apply for this job please visit » Send Now