City and County of Denver
New Hired from City and County of Denver
If this job matches your qualifications, please send your application directly through our latest Job site in Remote in Denver International Airport, CO. Indeed, every job is not easy to apply because it must meet several qualifications and requirements that we must meet in accordance with the standard criteria of the City and County of Denver who are looking for potential candidates to work. Good job information Senior Accountant – Denver International Airport below matches your qualifications.
About Our Job
The City and County of Denver utilizes a hybrid model workplace that balances the responsibilities of public service with the benefits of a flexible work environment. Employees work where needed, at a city site and/or in the field at least three days a week and telecommute remotely at a designated workplace within the State of Colorado the remaining days.
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the third-busiest airport in the United States and one of the top ten busiest airports in the world, connecting our community globally through flight and business. DEN is the primary economic engine for the state of Colorado, generating more than $33 billion for the region annually and employing nearly 30,000 people. At DEN, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. We celebrate individuality and uplift all races, ethnicities, gender identities, national origins, ages, abilities, religion, and LGBTQIA+ communities. We know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we strive to keep diversity, equity, and inclusion at the center of all that we do.
Department of Finance at Denver International Airport is currently seeking a Senior Accountant. Are you interesting working with customer accounts and analyzing balances and trends? Can you work cooperatively and collaboratively with other employees, management and both internal and external customers to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results? If so, then we want you! The Senior Accountant position will be primarily responsible for managing the accounts receivable processes within the Department of Finance at Denver International Airport.
As a Senior Accountant you can expect to:
- Process and send out customer invoices in a timely manner while also ensuring that the billings on those invoices are accurate
- Perform customer account reconciliations, accounts receivable balances maintenance, customer cash receipts applications and journal entries.
- Answer and resolve internal and external customer account and billing inquiries
- Review and analyze moderately complex contract documents, review and process contract invoices for payment and ensure supporting documents are included and are accurate
- Perform delinquent account research and collections. Create reports, spreadsheets, and research as requested or needed. Monitor and analyze financial information, performance metrics, and other reports related to accounts receivable
- Assist with the review of subsidiary and general ledgers to identify accounting data problems, errors in coding or trends in revenues/expenditures and assists in the implementation of corrective action
- Assist with the review of customer contract terms and related ordinance requests and state and federal legislation for appropriate accounting transaction treatment
- Perform other assignments using established and defined procedures, methods and techniques, and receive instruction in the interpretation and application of appropriate fiscal laws, rules, regulations, and procedures. Assist in responding to internal and external audit requests for information
- Assist with conducting special projects regarding financial transactions by researching and analyzing accounting issues, performing financial calculations, and creating reports by compiling supporting documents for management review
- Ensure compliance and maintenance of fiscal accountability in relation to rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Work with Department of Finance Controller’s Office to resolve discrepancies or problems
We are looking for candidates with some or all the following skills and experience:
- Three or more years of professional level accounting experience processing invoices, applying customer payments, and reconciling customer account discrepancies
- Experience with reviewing customer contracts for appropriate billing terms
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Efficiently demonstrates excellent time/work management skills
- Work well under pressure and adaptable with flexibility to jump back and forth between tasks
- Problem solver that can envision various outcomes and plan accordingly to mitigate risky outcomes
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Self-motivated and motivated to help others
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to support both internal and external customers
- Dependable and can maintain confidentiality
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Experience: Three (3) years of professional level accounting experience reviewing and processing invoices, reconciling accounting discrepancies, and analyzing expenditures.
- Equivalency: No substitution of experience for education is permitted. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for experience requirements.
- Licensure & Certification: None
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.
About Everything Else
CV2021 Accountant Senior
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click
Position Salary Range
$63,801.00 – $105,272.00
Based on education and experience
Denver International Airport
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click
for English or
How To Apply :
After reading and knowing the criteria and minimum qualification requirements that have been explained from the job info Senior Accountant – Denver International Airport in the office Remote in Denver International Airport, CO above, then the jobseeker who feels that he has not met requirements include education, age, etc. and are really interested in the latest job vacancy Full-time above, it should be as soon as possible to complete and compile a job application file such as a job application letter, CV or curriculum vitae and transcripts and other complements as described above, in order to register and participate in the admission selection for new employees at the company in question, sent via the link below.
Other Information :
- Country : US
To apply for this job please visit » Send Now