New Hired from Northrop Grumman
If this job matches your qualifications, please send your application directly through our latest Job site in Redondo Beach, CA. Indeed, every job is not easy to apply because it must meet several qualifications and requirements that we must meet in accordance with the standard criteria of the Northrop Grumman who are looking for potential candidates to work. Good job information Senior Staff Human Factors Engineer below matches your qualifications.
Requisition ID: R10102833
- Category: Engineering
El Segundo, CA, USA | Redondo Beach, CA, USA +1 more
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) has an opening for a Senior Staff Human Systems Integration Engineer to join our Systems Engineering team. This position is located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The Human Systems Integration team is seeking a Human Factors Engineer (HFE) / User Experience (UX) Designer to join Northrop Grumman. In this position, the new team member will be part of the team ensuring the evolving aircraft hardware and software systems are operable by US military flight and maintenance crews. This position requires a strong background in Systems Engineering.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the evaluation of requirements adhering to Human Factors best practices and specified sections of MIL-STD-1472.
- Contributions to Human Factors Analyses (including but not limited to: Task Analyses and Predictive Workload Analyses, Usability studies, Workload, and Situational Awareness surveys).
- Conduct computer based (NX) and empirical accessibility assessments from both an operator and maintainer perspective.
- Author/support the program documentation of the HFE processes and products in a format consistent with US Military Data Item Descriptions (e.g. Human Engineering Program Plan, Human Engineering Design Approach Document – Operator, Human Engineering Design Approach Document – Maintainer, Human Engineering Test Plan, Human Engineering Test Report, et. Al).
- Collaboration with Design Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to ensure evolving design addresses program needs and adheres to Human Interface design requirements
- Facilitate the customer’s product vision by conceiving, sketching, and prototyping experiences for digital products with a user centered design approach and consideration to HMI and Human Factors principals
- Be flexible and iterate designs in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environments
- Use one or more industry standard design and prototyping tools to create wireframes, visual designs, and interactive prototypes
- Leads, enables, and is accountable for the preparation, improvement, and integration of the human interface design visuals for the organization
- Confer with subsystem engineers and subject matter experts for project details regarding background information, project parameters and objectives, presentation approaches, styles, techniques, and other graphics related production factors
- B.S. in STEM or related technical discipline and 14 years of relevant experience or an M.S. and 12 years of relevant experience, or a PHD in a related discipline and 9 years of relevant experience.
- Must have an active DoD Secret (or higher) clearance (with a background investigation within the past 6 years or enrolled into Continuous Evaluation) and the ability to obtain Program Access.
- Active, In-Scope TOP SECRET DoD security clearance with the ability to obtain Program Access
- Experience developing, administering and/or analyzing Human Factors questionnaires such as Usability, Workload, and Situational Awareness.
- Proficiency in writing and executing demonstration & test procedures
- The ability to clearly and accurately express engineering findings orally and in written technical reports and presentations.
- Familiar with the interpretation and application of systems safety, personnel survivability, and habitability requirements to system design
- Experience with CAD Tools (NX and NX Jack Expertise preferred)
- Experience with system engineering processes and tools (DOORS preferred)
- Understand systems and design thinking as well as HMI/HCI design principles and practices
- Experience authoring Human Interface Design CDRLs in accordance with DoD Data Item Descriptions (e.g. HEDAD-M/O, HEPP, HSIPP, HETP/R, etc)
- Experience interpreting, applying, and/or tailoring MIL-STD-1472, MIL-STD-411, MIL-STD-1787, MIL-STD-3009, and/or MIL-STD-46855 in support of aircraft design activity
- Experience in system modeling tools (i.e., CORE, Rhapsody, PTC Integrity Modeler, Cameo)
- Experience with visual design (e.g. typography, symbology, layout) and UX/UI development methods (e.g. personas, usability testing, heuristic evaluations)
- Experience with wireframing and user interface prototyping (e.g. Balsamiq)
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. InDesign, Illustrator)
This position reports to El Segundo, CA, USA, however, this position can also be worked from Redondo Beach, CA, CA, USA.
Salary Range: $161,000 USD – $241,400 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
How To Apply :
After reading and knowing the criteria and minimum qualification requirements that have been explained from the job info Senior Staff Human Factors Engineer in the office Redondo Beach, CA above, then the jobseeker who feels that he has not met requirements include education, age, etc. and are really interested in the latest job vacancy Full-time above, it should be as soon as possible to complete and compile a job application file such as a job application letter, CV or curriculum vitae and transcripts and other complements as described above, in order to register and participate in the admission selection for new employees at the company in question, sent via the link below.
Other Information :
- Country : US
To apply for this job please visit » Send Now