NYC Department of Education
New Hired from NYC Department of Education
If this job matches your qualifications, please send your application directly through our latest Job site in United States. Indeed, every job is not easy to apply because it must meet several qualifications and requirements that we must meet in accordance with the standard criteria of the NYC Department of Education who are looking for potential candidates to work. Good job information SY23-24 PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 0289: Teacher – NYCDOE Climate Education Leadership Team Fall 2023 (Office of Sustainability) below matches your qualifications.
SY23-24 PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 0289: Teacher – NYCDOE Climate Education Leadership Team Fall 2023 (Office of Sustainability)
- Posted Date: May 18, 2023 Deadline: Jun 30, 2023
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY AND PROGRAMMATIC APPROVAL; this position is subject to budget approval and availability and may be withdrawn at any time)
NYC DOE Climate Education Leadership Team member, up to 18 positions available, contingent upon budgetary and programmatic approval. This group will design and lead initiatives to raise awareness of school based climate action and support other teachers citywide to integrate climate content in classrooms
Requested by DOE Office of Sustainability, Division of School Facilities
Supervisor: Thaddeus Copeland, Deputy Director of Sustainability
Via Zoom (9 meetings) and in-person (3 meetings), location TBD
- Applicant must be a NYCDOE licensed
- and appointed teacher of Common Branches, Grades 5-9 or Grades 7-12 teacher.
- Applicant must currently work in a New York City public school.
- Applicants must have an effective or highly effective rating for past three years.
- Applicants must have satisfactory time and attendance for past three years.
Applicants will be asked to complete the following steps and will be selected in part based on the quality of that which they submit/complete for each:
- Submit a resume and cover letter outlining why you would be a good candidate for this position.
- Excellent written communication, organizational, and computer literacy skills
- Commitment to working during agreed upon schedule
- Excellent record of attendance, punctuality and the timely meeting of deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Facilitate trainings for DOE Climate Action Days, to be launched in 2023-24 school year
- Create content and outline for DOE Climate Education Institute (date TBD)
- Develop and/or evaluate lessons, modules, and/or units related to climate change education.
- Identify opportunities for climate education alignment for numerous subjects and New York State Standards.
- Plan and lead climate education professional learning for k-12 educators citywide.
- Participate in all sessions
- Work collaboratively with other educators and staff
- Develop and submit required group and/or individual curriculum project(s) within expected deadlines
- Effective and timely response to ongoing feedback and recommendations from colleagues and supervisors
- Other activities related to the implementation and integration of climate content and education.
- 12 in person / virtual meeting for two hours each during Fall 2023 and beyond, first meeting will begin in September 2023.
- Additional committee and supplemental meetings as needed
Hours up to, but not limited to the approximate number of hours listed. Additional hours may be granted upon the approval of the hiring manager.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent upon funding availability and programmatic approval.
Upload resume, and Form OP-175 (available in the schools and on DHR Website), and application questions using the following application link . Include the above per session vacancy circular number in your letter of application. NO FAXES, E-MAIL OR MAIL will be accepted.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail Thaddeus Copeland, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit the New York City Department of Education website for more information on per session opportunities: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/careers/other-jobs-in-schools/per-session-jobs
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
The Department of Education of the City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s actual or perceived sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or pregnancy. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.
How To Apply :
After reading and knowing the criteria and minimum qualification requirements that have been explained from the job info SY23-24 PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 0289: Teacher – NYCDOE Climate Education Leadership Team Fall 2023 (Office of Sustainability) in the office United States above, then the jobseeker who feels that he has not met requirements include education, age, etc. and are really interested in the latest job vacancy Full-time above, it should be as soon as possible to complete and compile a job application file such as a job application letter, CV or curriculum vitae and transcripts and other complements as described above, in order to register and participate in the admission selection for new employees at the company in question, sent via the link below.
Other Information :
- Country : US
To apply for this job please visit » Send Now