St Agnes Academy
New Hired from St Agnes Academy
If this job matches your qualifications, please send your application directly through our latest Job site in Houston, TX
(Sharpstown area). Indeed, every job is not easy to apply because it must meet several qualifications and requirements that we must meet in accordance with the standard criteria of the St Agnes Academy who are looking for potential candidates to work. Good job information Theology Teacher (2023 -2024) below matches your qualifications.
Duration: 12 month contract – 10 month work/school year schedule
Reporting to: Dean of Faculty/Principal/Head of School
Schedule: Monday through Friday (plus scheduled events)
Hours: FT (7:50 – 3:20)
Mission: Rooted in the Catholic, Dominican tradition, St. Agnes Academy challenges young women through exceptional academic preparation and transformational experiences to lead with integrity, joy, and a commitment to social justice.
St. Agnes Academy teachers educate within the high school academic level. They teach, inspire, advise, critique, question and counsel to bring out the best in our Academy women.
Faith, Community, and Dominican Charism
- Ensure that the four pillars of a Dominican education (prayer, study, community, preaching) are developed and promoted among the school community.
- Develop an active faith community and model Christian values.
- Incorporate prayer and spiritual formation within the student, faculty/staff and parent communities.
- Uphold and implement the Dominican charism and the Houston Dominican Sisters’ congregational goals.
- Demonstrate a commitment to equity and inclusion by honoring the dignity of each member of the St. Agnes community.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments in a timely fashion and update systems accordingly.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures. Be familiar and enforce student handbook policies.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust strategies.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues, and parents regarding student progress and needs.
- Communicate and partner with parents in a timely manner.
- Follow the faculty expectations outlined in faculty handbook.
- Participate in department, school, and parent meetings.
- Participate in student/faculty activities (such as retreats, lunch duty, faculty meetings, in-service activities).
- Follow school emergency procedures.
- Work cooperatively with your course team to plan lessons and assessments. As well as meet with your vertical team to ensure alignment of skill sets and methodologies.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by the Department Chair, Academic Dean, Principal, Head of School.
- Commitment to embrace the mission of St. Agnes Academy
- Minimum of a four-year B.A./B.S. degree in Theology or related field (Master’s level preferred)
- Teaching certificate or twelve credit hours in education courses
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Completion of Safe Haven training
- A practicing Roman Catholic in good standing
- BA in Theology or Pastoral Studies, MA is preferred with two – five years teaching experience
- Commitment to the social mission of the Catholic Church as embraced by our Dominican charism and heritage
- Positive, creative, collaborative, solution-oriented temperament
- Show a demonstrated competency in multicultural, ecumenical, and interfaith issues
- An ability to continue and advance the ecumenical and inter-religious understanding among students, faculty and staff, and support all students in their own unique faith formation.
- An understanding of the spiritual/religious development stages of contemporary youth
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to manage multiple, and occasionally simultaneous, deadlines and projects with efficiency and accuracy
- Excellent judgment, confidentiality, discretion, and diplomacy
St. Agnes academy is committed to hiring, developing, and retaining a diverse and highly competent faculty and staff.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit at a desk, move about the classroom, communicate via phone/face to face, manually input data into a computer, walk to different office areas, reach with hands and arms, and minimal lifting.
How To Apply :
After reading and knowing the criteria and minimum qualification requirements that have been explained from the job info Theology Teacher (2023 -2024) in the office Houston, TX
(Sharpstown area) above, then the jobseeker who feels that he has not met requirements include education, age, etc. and are really interested in the latest job vacancy Full-time above, it should be as soon as possible to complete and compile a job application file such as a job application letter, CV or curriculum vitae and transcripts and other complements as described above, in order to register and participate in the admission selection for new employees at the company in question, sent via the link below.
Other Information :
- Country : US
To apply for this job please visit » Send Now